viernes, 19 de junio de 2020

NEIL YOUNG: Homegrown (2020)


1. Separate Ways
2. Try
3. Mexico
4. Love Is a Rose
5. Homegrown
6. Florida
7. Kansas
8. We Don't Smoke It No More
9. White Line
10. Vacancy
11. Little Wing
12. Star of Bethlehem

SEPARATE WAYS
I won't apologize
The light shone from in your eyes
It isn't gone
And it will soon come back again

We go our separate ways
Lookin' for better days
Sharin' our little boy
Who grew from joy back then

And it's all because
Of that love we knew, babe
That makes the world go 'round
Yes it do, yes it do, oh

Well it's all because of that love we knew, babe
That makes the world go 'round

Separate ways

Me for me, you for you
Happiness is never through
It's only a change of ways
And that is nothing new

I'm feeling better now
A bit more alive somehow
My eyes are open
And my heart is pouring through

And it's all because of that love we knew, babe
That makes the world go 'round
Yes it do, yes it do, oh
Yes it do

It's all because of that love for you, babe
That made the world go separate ways
Separate ways
Means that we'll go separate ways

TRY
Darlin', the door is open
To my heart and I've been hopin'
That you won't be the one
To struggle with the key
We’ve got lots of time
To get together if we try

The waitin' time is over
No man sees around the corner
Walkin' in the rain and comin' home dry
There's something missin' there
It's easier to care and try

And I try to wash my hands
And I try to make amends
And I try to count my friends

Ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Ooh, ooh, ooh

I'd like to take a chance
But shit, Mary, I can't dance
So here's to lookin' up your old address
Holly what a mess
We’ve gotta take the rest and try
We’ve got lots of time
To get together if we try
We’ve got lots of time
To get together if we try


MEXICO
Off, the feeling's gone
Why is it so hard to hang on
To your love
Oh, the things we do
To live beyond the fears
And move on through the years

Think I'll go to Mexico
Gonna take my time, go downslow
Makinglovein Mexico
Think I'llgo to Mexico
Oh,those sandy beaches
Daddy is a travelin' man


LOVE IS A ROSE
Love is a rose but you better not pick it
It only grows when it's on the vine.
A handful of thorns and you'll know you've missed it
You lose your love when you say the word "mine".

I wanna see what's never been seen,
I wanna live that age old dream.
Come on, lads, we can go together
Let's take the best right now,
Take the best right now.

I wanna go to an old hoe-down
Long ago in a western town.
Pick me up cause my feet are draggin'
Give me a lift and I'll hay your wagon.

Love is a rose but you better not pick it
It only grows when it's on the vine.
A handful of thorns and you'll know you've missed it
You lose your love when you say the word "mine".
Mine, mine.

Love is a rose, love is a rose.
Love is a rose, love is a rose.


HOMEGROWN
Homegrown's all right with me.
Homegrown is the way it should be.
Homegrown is a good thing.
Plant that bell and let it ring.

The sun comes up in the morning,
Shines that light around.
One day, without no warning,
Things start jumping up from the ground.

Well, homegrown's all right with me.
Homegrown is the way it should be.
Homegrown is a good thing.
Plant that bell and let it ring.


FLORIDA
Let's go to Florida
Palm trees and shit man (OK)
Palm trees (here we go) and humid weather

It was like a town in Florida in the fifties you know
I don't know, there's a lot of white buildings
Theywerereallywhite. I couldsee them
They wereabout seven or eight stories tall

All the people were walking around
And it just looks so good, you know
They all had, uh, blue dresses and nice pants on
You know they're all of them are drinking pop

From you know with straws in the bottles
Things were lookin' you know, sun was shining so bright
Downtown looked incredible, I couldn't believe it
There was gliders flyin' around in the sky

These guys flying around in gliders, you know
And they'd swoop between the buildings and they
They go down the alley ways, you know
And make a sharp left and a sharp right
And uh, it's like they, I couldn't believe
It was really happening you know
So I said, you know, "I don't believe this. This isn't real"
And just as I said that, this guy in the glider
Was coming right through the center of town
And he ran into the building in the middle of town

Fifteen story high building, right in the center of town
He started tumbling through the air, you know
And his glider crashed in the alley and, uh
I noticed this couple on the, uh, on the parking lot

And, uh, they, they were just walking together
In conversation you know like nothing
Else was happening and, uh, looking up
They noticed a tumbling man coming through the air

And uh, he, he came right down and landed
Right on them and made and awful sound and, uh—
I ran over there, I could see that they
Were really gone, you know

But on the ground beside them was this little baby, dressed in— it just had a red blanket wrapped around it, so I picked it up and took it to my car over on the corner which wasn't too far away and put it in the back seat
I don't know if it was a boy or a girl; I didn't look, I just put it down
It was sleeping and I looked and a crowd had gathered on a parking lot
This beautiful lady was coming down the street and I looked at her
And she looked right at me and she said
"That's my baby in the back of your car there"
I said "Oh no, that baby belongs to that, to that dead couple on the parking lot"
And she said "No, no you're wrong, you're wrong
What happened to them?"


KANSAS
I feel like I just woke up
from a bad dream
And it's so good to have you
sleeping by my side
Although I'm not so sure
if I even know your name
Hold on, baby, hold on
We can go gliding through the air
Far from the jeers and lies

Yeah you are the one
I'm talkin' to this morning
With your mind so fine
and your friendly body lying
In my bungalow with stucco
With glory and sunset spa
Hold on, baby, hold on
It doesn't matter if you're the one
'Cause we'll know before we're done


WE DON'T SMOKE IT NO MORE
We don't flaunt it, we don't lick it
We don't knock it, we don't kick it
We don't smoke it no more

We don't smoke it no more
We don't smoke it no more

We don't smoke it no more
Wedon'tsmokeit no more


WHITE LINE
I came to you when I needed a rest
You took my love and put it to the test
I saw some things that I never would have guessed
Well I've been down but I'm coming back up again

And I'm rollin' down the open road
Where my true love, she lies waiting
Right now I'm thinking 'bout these things I know
But the daylight will soon be breaking

You were my raft and I let you slide
It seemed like such a long easy ride
I was adrift on a river of pride
Feels like a railroad I pull a whole load behind me

That old white line is friend of mine
And it's good times that we've been making
Right now I'm thinking 'bout those things that I know
But the daylight will soon be breaking, breaking


VACANCY
Who are you? Where are you goin' to?
What's your name? Why aren't you showin' through?
I look in your eyes and I don't know what's there
You poison me with that long, vacant stare
You dress like her and she walks in your words
You frown at me and then you smile at her

Are you my friend? Are you my enemy?
Can we pretend to live in harmony?
You come through in the weirdest way
You copy her with the words that you say
I need that girl like the night needs the day
I don't need you getting in my way

Vacancy, vacancy
Vacancy, vacancy
Vacancy, vacancy
Vacancy, vacancy

Who are you? Where are you goin' to?
What's your name? Why aren't you showin' through?


LITTLE WING
All her friends call her Little Wing
But she flies rings around them all
She comes to town when the children sing
And leaves them feathers if they fall
She leaves her feathers if they fall

Little Wing, don't fly away
When the summer turns to fall
Don't you know some people say
The winter is the best time of them all
Winter is the best of all.


STAR OF BETHLEHEM
Ain't it hard when you wake up in the morning
And you find out that those other days are gone?
All you have is memories of happiness
Lingerin' on

All your dreams and your lovers won't protect you
They're only passing through you in the end
They'll leave you stripped of all that they can get to
And wait for you to come back again

Yet still a light is shining
From that lamp on down the hall
Maybe the star of Bethlehem
Wasn't a star at all

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario