1. The Foggy Edge Of Time
2. Day After Day
3. Earth Girl
4. Second Song
5. Casting Me Away From You
6. Soon I Might Be Going
7. I'll Love You Forever
2. Day After Day
3. Earth Girl
4. Second Song
5. Casting Me Away From You
6. Soon I Might Be Going
7. I'll Love You Forever
THE FOGGY EDGE OF TIME
Out on the foggy edge of time
I was flying low into my prime
I was looking back, not looking good
When I left my old neighborhood behind
I thought about the early days
When I was young and found that place
Three beautiful children born and raised
But there were bumps along the way
Alcohol, alcohol (Alcohol)
Alcohol, alcohol (Alcohol, alcohol)
I was heading south to my destiny
As I closed the gate, I threw the key
Though the future was unsure
I'd already made up my mind
That's the day I started to live
The way I wanted to
Just to give my life a chance
I know now that I had to go
Leave everything I love behind
Out on the foggy edge of time
Out on the foggy edge of time
Out on the foggy edge of time
Out on the foggy edge of time
DAY AFTER DAY
This isn't a fast song, so fade it up
I want to say something that came to me in the night of day
Just let me get a grip and let it go
There's nothing worth waiting on, so we should go
Day after day after day
Day after day after day
All through the restless night, I thought of this
Why we were not so good, and now I know
There's something I want to say, and say it slow
I'm a little scared of it, so here it goes
Day after day after day
Day after day after day
The morning is sunny now, with lots of snow
It's beautiful, the way we love to see it so
I'll take my time to tell you what he has to say
Feelings that I have for you will stay and stay
Day after day after day
Day after day after day
The love I feel in my heart is here today
Strong, just the way I felt for you yesterday
There's something in my heart that shows it will always love you so
Day after day after day
Day after day after day
Day after day after day
So let's take a turn together and let it go
We're still the ones we used to be, and so it shows
The way I feel, so fade it up and let it come free
Day after day after day
Day after day after day
I hope you're alright, alright today
And everything is easy and going well
There was a struggle going on yesterday
Let's try to get a grip now and let it go
Day after day after day
Day after day after day
Now the sun is out and the snow's melting on the roof
I hear the water drops falling, so the day is here
You'll be coming down the stairs, and I'll make a special cup for you
Yeah, the sun is out, the snow's melting on the roof
Day after day after day
Day after day after day
Day after day after day
Day after day after day
Day after day after day
Day after day after day
EARTH GIRL
When the love comes through your eyes
Like sun from the summer skies
The space between your deepest thoughts
Like stars in the night, big stars in the night
Winter winds blowing through your hair
In your eyes, I don't see a care
You are the light of my life
Like a river that flows right through my heart
Earth girl
Earth girl
You sure were hard to find
All around me all the time
Smiling in the windy rain
With so much to share, so much to share
You're the beauty that lingers
Outside my eyes
When you smile, when you smile
When you smile
Earth girl
Earth girl
You are the light of my life
Like a river that flows right through my heart
You were hard to find
All around me all the time
You're the beauty that lingers outside my
Heart when you smile, my eyes when you smile
When the tears come through your eyes
Like rain from the winter skies
You are the light of my life
Like a river that flows right through my heart
Earth girl
Earth girl
Earth girl
You are the light of my life
Like a river that flows right through my heart
SECOND SONG
Out on the edge of darkness, the children waited for sunrise
Something they could believe in, something to see with their own eyes
Their moms and dads remembered 'cause they had seen a different time
A time of sunny mornings, walking to school and saving dimes
And yet the leaves are falling, gathered in piles to burn outside
Somehow the smoke is calling, somehow the embers will decide
And that's not the way of being, it's not the way of being now
Too much has changed around us, but we can bring it back somehow
I need to talk to someone, someone who smiles and answers back
Someone as old as I am who still remembers some of that
I dream a way of living, a way of sharing what we find
A way of walking slowly through the smoky leaves of time
When I woke up this morning, I heard a melody and a rhyme
I knew the song was over, but I couldn't find the time
The words just tumbled forward in this second song of mine
Drifting in a sea of darkness, the captain waited for sunrise
Thought he saw a mermaid coming off the bow and rubbed his eyes
Thought he saw a distant glowing, songbirds playing in the sky
But his eyes were playing tricks on him, in his heart he wondered why
Cross town at the incubator, eggs were hatching everywhere
Those birds would soon be flying, they knew that's when they'd feel the air
We won't remember them 'cause we're the ones who didn't care
Now when we think of them, we hear their songs sung everywhere
The world needs all her song birds, she needs her music in the sky
Guiding souls both in and out, showing weakness how to fly
Not like that TV show, not like the words on channel five
Something that makes you smile, something that makes you fly
Make it up on another day
Baby, I don't care
Make it up on another day
Baby, I don't care
Make it up on another day
Baby, I don't care
Make it up on another day
Baby, I don't care
CASTING ME AWAY FROM YOU
We used to laugh and play games together
We found things to do in stormy weather
But now I find you're leaving me behind
Casting me away from you
I try to tell myself it doesn't matter
I can find someone who'll treat me better
But now I find you're leaving me behind
Casting me away from you
You're not the kind of girl I dream of
You're not the kind of girl who'd care
You're not the kind of girl I want for my own
But then I see you standing there
I try to tell myself it doesn't mattеr
I can find someone who'll treat mе better
But now I find you're leaving me behind
Casting me away from you
But now I find you're leaving me behind
Casting me away from you
SOON I MIGHT BE GOING
Soon I might be going, so I wanted you to know
It was Christmas in the Rockies, just like summer with no snow
Crimson Pirate was showing at the movies, new one you should see
Water shone like diamonds and the ships kept rowing on the sea
The answer to our questions is lingering in the mist
And the revolution's come like a fighter with a fist
Soon I might be going, so I wanted you to know
The sun's sure hot today in Canada, wherever people go
They're looking at the sky like they're waiting for a change
The clouds that used to pour the rain are billowy and strange
Yeah, that's the way I see it, and I wanted just to say
People like you and me are feeling different every day
President was on TV, says everything is golden
He's tearing down the old White House, those days were never olden
The bears are trying to hibernate but can't find where to go
'Cause everything is different now just like a TV show
We have to take it as it comes, as some are like to say
But you know, and it seems to me, that's not what's right today
I miss you like tomorrow and I see you like today
I wanted to say something before I go away
I went to town the other day and saw what it's become
The houses are all going down with hotels all around
People are driving their new cars and the kids are leaving town
Shopping is everywhere and the club is shutting down
Soon I might be going, and I wanted just to say
If I'm not here to see it, it doesn't mean it's gone away
Trying to make it simple, but I tell you, it's not
'Cause here and there and everywhere, the truth is getting caught
And disguised like a celebration waiting for a song
But no one knows the melody and it feels like it was strong
When we all sang together and the children sang along
Yes, soon I will be going, but I wanted just to stay around
And see what I can do to sing a happy song today
With you, and you, and everyone who feels the melody
Echoing in the hallways, and soon to be a dream
Come back to me, my lovely girl, your memory is mine
I'm walking down the old street where we once had the time
I gotta tell you what I see 'cause I might be alone, the sky is turning
To yesterday; the old church bells tolled, soon I might be going
And I wanted to say hello, there's a mystery around us
And the answer no one knows
It's like summer in the Rockies, but it's almost Christmas day
Summer in the Rockies, almost Christmas day
Summer in the Rockies
Summer in the Rockies
I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER
As I walk beside the sea
On the golden sand
I can feel your love for me
As I hold your hand
Oh, I'm so happy
That I found your love
And I will always thank
The stars up above
You're just the kind of girl
That I wanted you to be
And I'll thank the heavens above
For sending you to me
Oh, I'm so happy
That I found your love
And I will always thank
The stars up above
I'll love you forever
And idolize (And idolize)
The way you comb your hair
Your laughing eyes (Your laughing eyes, your laughing eyes)
The breeze from the tossing sea
Is reminding me
That I'll feel thе touch of your lips
For eternity
Oh, I'm so happy
I found your love
And I will always thank
Thе stars up above
I'll love you forever
And idolize (And idolize)
The way you comb your hair
Your laughing eyes (Your laughing eyes, your laughing eyes)
(Your laughing eyes)
The breeze from the tossing sea
Is reminding me
That I'll feel the touch of your lips
For eternity
Oh, I'm so happy
I found your love
And I will always thank
The stars up above
The stars up above
The stars up above
Your laughing eyes (Your laughing eyes, your laughing eyes)

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario