sábado, 26 de diciembre de 2009

TEN YEARS AFTER: Rock & Roll Music To The World (1972)


  1. You Give Me Loving
  2. Convention Prevention
  3. Turned-Off TV Blues
  4. Standing at the Station
  5. You Can't Win Them All
  6. Religion
  7. Choo Choo Mama
  8. Tomorrow I'll Be Out of Town
  9. Rock & Roll Music to the World

    YOU GIVE ME LOVING
    You give me lovin' that I can't return,
    You give me money that you know I'll burn;
    I'll give you somethin' that you can't give back,
    Then I'm movin' right on down the track.
    You've given every-thing you've got to me,
    But still you cannot really set me free;
    My life is changin' and I'm on the run,
    I'll see you later when I've had some fun.

    I keep on runnin' 'cause I know the score,
    You'll never find me comin' back for more;
    I'll catch you later 'cause I'm gonna split,
    You give a lot, I only need a bit.
    You give me lovin' that I can't return,
    You give me money that you know I'll burn;
    You give me lovin' just for your own sake,
    You only give it so that you can take.

    You give me lovin' and it's plain to see
    You wanna give it to me all for free;
    But I can't take it 'cause you need it back,
    The art of givin' is the one I lack.
    You give me lovin' and you drive me mad,
    You give me money and it makes me sad;
    'Cause I need freedom more than I need gold,
    And so I'm leavin' 'fore I get too old.

    CONVENTION PREVENTION
    I'd like to reach out to you
    and learn just how do you do
    So we can still relate.
    I'd like to open my mind
    so you can come in and find
    How we communicate.
    There's a chemical reaction
    and it's causing an attraction
    From you to me.
    I am not one for convention
    but I have a good intention
    For you from me.

    Rain is fallin' and a thunderbolt is crashin' through my head,
    And there's people and pain all around me.
    Someone is callin' and electric sparks are everywhere I tread.
    My life it seems is a sequence of dreams,
    And there's people and pain all around me.

    I'm going down in a black elevator
    'cause the big masturbator's got his eye on me.
    I'm goin' down 'cause my brain is on fire
    and my soul is a liar 'cause I tried to be free,
    tried to be free, tried to be free.

    Freedom in your mind - you can have when you're dead,
    Freedom in your life just depends on you're head.
    Freedom in you're heart - can, alas, never be
    because no one on this earth has been born to be free,
    born to be free, born to be free.

    All of my life I have tried to be free,
    All of my life - I have learned all I see.
    All of my life - I have searched for a clue;
    All of my life I have tried to be true,
    tried to be true, tried to be true.

    TURNED OFF T.V. BLUES
    It's a cold and winter's night and the rain is fallin' down.
    It's so cold, so cold outside, snow is layin' all around.
    There is blackness in my window, and the silence is the only sound.

    Well I'm sittin' and I'm thinkin', though I'd like to watch T.V.
    It just fills my head with garbage that my eyes ain't supposed to see.
    Got the turned off T.V. blues now, but I'm lonely as you see.

    Well I've got a worried feelin', all the pain and misery.
    Well, it's happening' in the world now, even though I cannot see.
    Though my body is not with you, still my mind is runnin' free.

    There's just nothin' I can do now, though I search from day to day.
    But the truth's so hard to tell you, and you know it anyway.
    It's a cold and winter’s evenin', I wish my blues would go away.

    STANDING AT THE STATION
    Well I'm standin' at the station
    and the rain don't make a sound;
    Got a Bible in my pocket
    'cause my plane was just shot down.
    My mind is all confusion,
    I believe I'm in a play;
    Throw my bible out the window
    as the train goes on its way.

    Gonna leave my blues behind me,
    gonna find another town;
    Gonna try and find some people
    who this time won't bring me down.
    As I step outside of the carriage
    the station looks the same
    As the one I left behind me
    though it has another name.

    YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL
    You can't win them all
    'cause sometimes you fall flat on your face on the floor.
    You can't win them all;
    it's no good at all If you feel that your life is a bore.

    You've got to hang loose to keep from the noose,
    And you've got to learn to use your brain.
    You've got to live right and keep to the right,
    Then you're free if you don't go insane.

    Seen a lot of people, they've all blown it out;
    You can't win them all is what they all shout.
    You've got to keep tryin', got to stand up again;
    You can't lose them all, babe, 'cause one day you'll win.

    You've got to have taste or life is a waste,
    And you don't ever tune yourself in.
    You've got to keep on or they'll get you, my son,
    And they know that you just can't win.

    RELIGION
    I never really understood religion
    Except it seems a good excuse to kill.
    I never really could make a decision,
    I don't suppose I ever really will.

    I can't relate to any power structure
    Where ego is the driving energy;
    I let mine go a long, long time ago, now,
    When I decided that I would be free.

    The only thing I understand is living;
    The biggest sacrifice to make is death.
    And once you're dead there's nothing left for giving,
    So life means fighting for your every breath.

    CHOO CHOO MAMA
    Choo choo mama, won't you ride the train?
    My life without you is just misery and pain, come back to me;
    I'll treat you best I can.
    Choo choo mama, you should have a choo choo man.

    Choo choo mama, won't you ride a rail?
    I need your lovin', can't you hear me wail, come back to me;
    You know I love you so.
    Choo choo mama, won't you get a choo choo home?

    Choo choo mama, won't you ride a track?
    I need your lovin', won't you bring some back on home to me;
    I need your lovin' babe.
    Choo choo mama, don't you know you drive me mad?

    Choo choo mama, you're a cheery thing.
    I need you baby, can't you hear me sing, come back to me;
    I want you back again.
    Choo choo mama, won't you get a choo choo track?

    TOMORROW I'LL BE OUT OF TOWN
    You know tomorrow I'll be out of town,
    Babe before the sun goes down.
    There's an agent and he's made a bet
    That I'll be sitting on a jumbo jet.

    Babe, I'd like to stay here, babe I'd like to play here
    But I made a deal and though it don't seem real,
    Just another day, I'll be three thousand miles away.
    I got to pay my dues, you know I sing the blues;
    Got to do my thing, all I do is sing rock and roll.

    You know tomorrow I'll be on my way,
    Flyin' through another day.
    Places turn into a dream,
    I can't remember where I've been.

    Babe, I'd like to stop here, babe, I'd like to drop here
    But in a month or so then I will have to go,
    But it does no good, still it's in my blood.
    I got to pay my dues, you know I sing the blues;
    Got to do my thing, all I do is sing rock and roll.

    Man must do, what a man must do, no time to sit and wait;
    One day he's gonna realize that it is too late.

    You know tomorrow I'll be on my own,
    Flyin' through another zone.
    Faces turn into a dream,
    I can't remember who I've seen.

    Babe, I'd like to lay here, babe, I'd like to stay here
    But there's another show - and I just have to go;
    Still keep it comin' through, don't know how I'll do,
    I got to pay my dues, you know I sing the blues;
    Got to do my thing, all I do is sing rock and roll.

    ROCK & ROLL MUSIC TO THE WORLD
    We did some rock and roll up in Texas,
    and the folks from the coast towns said,
    "You better watch yourself up in Texas or you,
    you might just wind up dead, boy."
    But the people I found, they were groovin' to the sound
    of rock and roll music in the air.
    We all had a ball with no hassles at all;
    pretty soon I'm gonna go back there.

    I'm singin' rock and roll music to the world,
    Rock and roll music to the world.
    Ain't no relation to the United Nations,
    Keep rock and rollin' to the world.
    Give peace a chance, get up and dance
    when I sing rock and roll music to the world.
    I'm gonna scream, I'm gonna shout,
    Get my emotions and work them all right out.
    I wanna live just like I give;
    No need to fight, wait for tonight
    when I sing rock and roll music to the world.

    Rock and roll music to the world, rock and roll music to the world.
    Ain't got no callin' except for ballin',
    Rock and roll music to the world.
    Don't need no boost, just turn me loose,
    and I sing rock and roll music to the world.
    I tell the truth, I ain't no star,
    I only shout and leave the rest to my guitar.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario