lunes, 10 de enero de 2011

JOHNNY WINTER: Johnny Winter (1969)


  1. I'm Yours And I'm Hers
  2. Be Careful With A Fool
  3. Dallas
  4. Mean Mistreater
  5. Leland Mississippi Blues
  6. Good Morning Little Scool Girl
  7. When You Got A Good Friend
  8. I'll Drown In My Tears
  9. Back Door Friend
I’M YOURS AND I’M HERS
You know I'm yours and I'm hers
Somebody else's too, oh yeah
You know I'm yours and I'm hers
Somebody else's too
You know I'm two-times seven mamas, ah
Do just what I wanna do

Let me, baby, let me squeeze her
Well man, I'm lost uptown
Let me, let me squeeze her
Well man, I'm lost uptown
(I wanna squeeze my baby)
'Cause you know I'm a stranger
I wanna know what's going down

Want to take you with me
Want you-all to understand
Ah, this mama, gonna tell ya, mama
Want you-all to understand
You know I can love you, mama
Better than your steady man

BE CAREFUL WITH A FOOL
Man, be careful with a fool, you know, someday he may get smart
Man, be careful with a fool, you know, someday he may get smart
He will treat you so cool and chilly, till he hurt you to your heart

Yeah, you know

Hate to remember, oh, what a fool I used to be, ha, ha!
Man, I hate to remember how foolish I used to be
The way I used to love you, baby, how bad it's gonna be

You know, I used to cry 'bout you, baby, ha!
You know, I'd-a walk the streets a-late at night
Used to cry about ya, a-walk the streets, a-late at night
If you love me just a little bit, baby, why in the world don't you treat me right?

Uh, fin'lly over, baby, whoa, I believe this is the end, ah, ah, yeah, well!
Fin'lly over, baby, oh, I believe this-a is the end, ah
I want to tell you my baby, to forgive me for my sin

DALLAS
Goin' back to Dallas, take my razor and my gun
Goin' back to Dallas, man, take my razor and my gun, oh yeah
Lots of people lookin' for trouble, man, sure gonna give 'em in some

I believe old Dallas, man, is the meanest town I know
I believe that Dallas, man, is the meanest town I know
Because you're not safe in Dallas, I don't care where you go

You know that I'm evil, just wanna have some fun
There's so much shit in Texas, I'm bound to step in some
Goin' back to Dallas, take my razor and my gun
If there are people lookin' for trouble, sure gonna give 'em some

I load up my revolver, sharpen up my knife
Some redneck messin' with me man, I'm bound to have his life
Down to Dallas, take my razor and my gun
Man, people there lookin' for trouble, sure gonna give 'em some

MEAN MISTREATER
She's a mean mistreater
She mistreat me all the time
She's a mean mistreater
Little gal mistreat me all the time
I just had to quit you, baby
Heavy on my mind

She's a mean mistreater
And she don't mean me no good
She's a mean mistreater
And she don't mean me no good
I don't blame you, baby
I'd be the same way if I could

Remember the monday morning
You were laid out across my bed
Drinkin' moonshine, baby
And talking all out of your head
Remember, remember, baby
When you were layin' out across my bed
You know you were drinkin' moonshine, baby
And talking all out your head
Oh yeah

And you're lonesome, baby
When you're stupid by yourself
The one you love will never settle down
And you're lonesome and you're lonesome
When you're sleeping by yourself
The one you're in love with
Goes to lovin' someone else

LELAND MISSISSIPPI BLUES
(Don't mess up slut and I won't either 1-2-3-4)
Oh yeah, oh yeah, uh huh, oh yeah
I've been in Texas, I've been on the run
I've been in Texas, I've been on the run
I'm going to Leland, Mississippi, mama
You all know that's where I come from
Right down on the Delta, man

Well, I'm alone, baby, I'm free free from my home
Well, I'm alone, I'm free from my home
You know I was sittin' right down people
On my daddy's cotton farm

Come hear, baby, let your long hair down
Come here, woman, let your long hair down
I want you to love me with a feeling, baby,
'Cause I'm Mississippi bound

The best woman, the best waist in town
The best woman, the best waist in town
Oh yeah
You'll never keep me woman
'Cause I have a travellin' mind

GOOD MORNING LITTLE SCHOOL GIRL
Good morning little schoolgirl, good morning little schoolgirl
Can I go home with, can I go home with you
I'll tell your mother and your father, I'm a little schoolboy too

Gonna buy me an airplane, gonna buy me an airplane
Gonna fly all over, gonna fly all over town, all over town, yes
If I don't find my little schoolgirl, ain't gonna set my airplane down ah, yeah

Good morning little schoolgirl, ah

I remember way back, I remember way back
When I was twelve, baby when I was twelve years old
You know I was looking for a schoolgirl just to, eat my jelly roll, yeah

Good morning little schoolgirl, good morning little schoolgirl
Can I go home with, can I go home with you, ah, yeah
Tell your mother and your father, I'm a little schoolboy, yes a schoolboy

WHEN YOU GOT A GOOD FRIEND
When you gotta good friend
Let her stay right by your side
When you gotta good friend
Let her stay right by your side
Give all your spare time to her
And treat her right

I'm as true to my baby
And I can't see no reason why
Lord, man, I can't see no reason why
Every time I think about it
I hang my head and cry

Lord, I may be right or wrong
Hey and I may be right or wrong
Watch your close friends, baby
Enemies can't do you no wrong

There ain't but one thing, baby
That makes me drink
Say that you don't love me, Lord
I begin to think
Gotta good friend
Let her stay right by your side
God, give her all your spare time
Love and treat her right

Lord, Lord, down at the riverside
Go on, go on down at the riverside
No, you won't be my old lady
Man, 'til I get satisfied

You know I may be right or wrong
Little girl, I may be right or wrong
Watch your close friends, baby
And your enemies can't do you no harm

I’LL DROWN IN MY TEARS
It brings a tear into my eyes
Oh when I begin to hear your lies
I cried so hard, oh, since you been gone
Looks like I'm gonna drown in my own tears now

Come on and cry just like a child
Oh my rollin' tears ain't far and wide
If you don't think, hey, you're gonna be home soon
Oh, it's alright, I believe I'm gonna drown
Babe, in my own tears (my own tears)

Oh, I believe it's true
Yeah into each life, some rain must surely fall
I'm so blue, every, every day without you,
And keep on raining, keep on raining
More and more and more, hey, hey

Why can't you
You know you ought to come on home
Then I won't, you know, be so all alone, alone
If you don't think, Lord, you're gonna be home soon
Oh, it's alright, I believe I'm gonna drown
(Drown in my own tears), hey, hey, baby
(Drown in my own tears) You know I'm being to feel alright
(Drown in my own tears) Oh Lord, when you sing a song, when you sing a song
(Drown in my own tears) Ahhhh, drown in my own tears

Don't it make you feel alright?

BACK DOOR FRIEND
Every married woman,
I believe has to have some backdoor friend
Every married woman,
You know, she has some backdoor friend
When you are gone,
Yeah darlin' he comes slippin' in

Ain't no married woman
That's gonna treat nobody right,
Ain't no married woman
That's gonna treat nobody right
She lay around with a cute man all day
And's pretty sick of her husband at night

You know you make it to your house
Knock on your front door
Run around the back, I'll believe you'll catch him there
Just before he goes 'round the corner
Every married woman,
You know, has some backdoor friend
You know when you walk out
Yeah, man, he comes slippin' in

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario