martes, 11 de enero de 2011

JOHNNY WINTER: Nothin' But The Blues (1977)


  1. Tired Of Tryin'
  2. TV Mama
  3. Sweet Love And Evil Women
  4. Everybody's Blues
  5. Drinkin' Blues
  6. Mad Blues
  7. It Was Rainin'
  8. Bladie Mae
  9. Walkin' Thru The Park
TIRED OF TRYIN’
Well, I'm tired of tryin', so tired of tryin'
You know I'm tired of tryin', well I'm so tired of tryin'
So tired of tryin', tryin' to get along with you

You put salt in my coffee
Sawdust in my brew
I'm just here to cash it in
Don't you think that's mighty rude
Tired of tryin', so tired of tryin'
I'm so tired of tryin', tryin' to get along with you

You always told me, mama,
You don't need no other man
And really do believe it's true
You already got nine or ten
That's why I'm tired of tryin', I'm so tired of tryin' (Lord it's true)
I'm so tired of tryin', tryin' to get along with you
Yeah I'm tired, man!

Gotta believe it now

Go and rock!

I'm leavin' soon this mornin'
Baby, you call that gone
I gotta get through to somebody new
To carry my business on
Tired of tryin', I'm so tired of tryin'
I'm so tired of tryin', tryin' to get along with you
Lord, so tired of tryin', tryin' to get along with you
Yeah, I'm tired of tryin' mama, tryin' to get along with you

TV MAMA
Well I laid down last night and I turned my T.V. on
You know I laid down last night I turned my T.V. on
You know, I said get on the box people, but I believe my tube is wrong

Well my baby she was cryin' want me to get my TV fixed
Oh, she was cryin', wanna get my TV fixed
She said all T.V. is serious and she need it mighty quick by the way now

Well I called the T.V. doctor, he came over right away
He said to see what he can do here, to haul up my tube away
I told him "No! that will never do
Man, if you don't get the picture, I'm gonna do some work on you”
Work a while go ahead now

Yeah.... get the picture night, hunh?

Got my T.V. workin', my old tube is like brand-new
You know I got my T.V. workin', my old tube is like brand-new
Just came over, baby, and I'll show my tube to you,
How do you like my tube?

SWEET LOVE AND EVIL WOMEN
Well you heard about sugar daddy and the lovin' that he can
Well you heard about sugar daddy and the lovin' that he can
Well I go around the world collecting sugar, make you sweetest in the land (yeah it does)

I get my sugar in the mornin' and I gives it out at night
I get my sugar in the mornin', dispense it late at night
What a way to get my lovin', don't you just love to hear me right

Let it on, let it on

What I crave!

Come on man, set that place on fire!

Let it roll, let it roll, what I crave
Let it roll, let it roll, yeah all the world I crave
Need love and pretty women, like you're a good man in that way

EVERYBODY’S BLUES
Got the blues about my baby and man, she got the blues about me
This time I been thinkin' 'bout my lifetime used to be
Man, I'm lookin' for a good time, travel all the world I see, all I see
I'm singin' everybody's blues, everybody down on me

You know, ain't nothin' but trouble when your woman got another man
Can't see her when you want to, got to get her when you can
That's why I'm lookin' for a good time, travel all around the world I see
Singin' everybody's blues, everybody's down on me

Yes, yes...

Go on!

You know I don't trust the government, girl, for any reason
My friend is actin' funny too
Don't ask me nothin' about nothin',
Havin' bad luck just like you
I'm gonna have a good time, travel all the world I see
I'm singin' everybody's blues, 'cause everybody's down on me

(Yeah, everybody, everybody's down on me
You know baby, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout...)

DRINKIN’ BLUES
So many people talkin' 'bout how much they can drink
Well, I know there's people talkin' 'bout how much they can drink
Well, all I have for breakfast is two spokes in one airplane (yeah, nice too)

I'm waitin' at the stairs, and I'm sure to stone the light
Waitin' for the stair, I'm sure to stone the light
I'm too smashed to go on livin', but I wait in vain to die

(Yeah I'm too frail to brag about it
Come on, James!
You found the note!
Go ahead now!
Yes, yes)

I'm too lazy to go out travellin', too mean to stay at home
And when I'm out and drinkin', best leave me alone
Lazy to travel, I'm too mean to stay at home
Well when I'm down drinkin', papa you'd best leave me alone

(Play a little rock, y'all!
Come on now, man!
Yes, yes)

Sorry, sorry, baby, 'cause I know that it's a sin
So, so sorry, I believe that it's a sin
I been out last night baby, tonight I'm gonna have a beer
Yeah, I'm gonna have one more...

MAD BLUES
Oh baby, it's a sin to tell a lie
Yeah, it's a sin to tell a lie
Girl, the day you start jumpin'
Baby, that's the day you die

Baby, you'd best believe me what I say
Yeah, best believe me what I say
Don't ask 'bout no trouble,
'Cause I'll plug you anyway

You think you got yourself some trouble, you know that's true
I believe somethin' bad gonna happen to you
Yeah, it's a sin to tell a lie
Baby, the day you start jivin',
That's the day you die

Go ahead now, whip it up!

Yeah baby, you'd best believe me when I say
Yeah, you'd best believe me when I say
Please don't buy no trouble,
'Cause I'll blow your head away
Yeah go on, go on guitar!

Oh baby, I done heard this stuff before
Baby, baby, I done heard this stuff before (you know I have)
You prayin' all night long,
Baby, please don't go

Oh baby
Baby, yeah...
You know I been a long time, baby
You know I ain't lyin' baby, baby
Baby, baby

IT WAS RAININ’
Well I know the sun ain't shinin', it looks like the rain about to fall
Well you know I believe the sun ain't shinin', looks like the rain about to fall (comin' down)
Well you know when I'm home with my woman,
I don't need no sun at all (not all all, man I don't mind)

Well you know, I feel so good that when I hear, when I hear that lonesome sound
You know I feel so good, I always got 'til I hear that lonesome sound
I been layin' on my bed takin' it with my baby, you know
And the rain be comin' down, yeah, be comin' down

(Go ahead, play a little bit now
Yes, yes!
Wooo it is
Yeah do it again... do it!)

Well last time it was stormy, you know I was down in New Orleans (yes it's a nice place to be you know)
You know last time it was stormy (it was stormin' bad) you know I was livin' down in New Orleans
You know it'd take a whole lot more than blood and water
For me to keep my business clean
Oh yeah, I'm clean...
Oh!
Rain on, rain on...

BLADIE MAE
You know I got a brand new friend and I calls her Bladie Mae
You know I got a brand new friend and I calls her Bladie Mae (I have to kill that)
And if I run into trouble she's bound to make somebody pay

You know I treat my Bladie Mae fine and you know she's always sharp (she looks sharp)
You know I treat my Bladie Mae fine, know she's always sharp
You can always tell her Bladie Mae even if you feel her in the dark

(Got to watch out for yourself now !
Go ahead, play it.
Watch out for Bladie Mae !
Got on home
yeah, sounds all right to me)

So please don't start no trouble or Bladie Mae be comin' round
Don't start no trouble, Bladie Mae be comin' round
And if you get on her bad side, you're gonna end up on the ground

Yeah, Bladie Mae goin' getcha...

WALKING THRU THE PARK
I'm goin' out walkin', walkin' down through the park
I'm goin' out walkin', walkin' down through the park
I'm gonna walk under the moonlight, walkin' the terrain like a dog

I'm goin' out walkin', down on the avenue
I'm goin' out walkin', down on the avenue
I'm gonna walk us all down it, she don't know what to do

Don't bother my baby, no tellin' what she'll do
Don't you bother my woman, no tellin' what she'll do
Little girl, she might cut ya, she'll be sure to do

Girl, I'm walkin', walkin' on down the street
I’m gonna walkin’, walkin' down on the street
Gonna walk right along side this woman,
'Cause I know she can't be beat

I'm proud of my baby, no tellin' what she'll do
Don't you bother my woman, no tellin' what she'll do
Little girl, she might cut ya, that she'll be sure to do

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario